As summer comes to an end, I am preparing to move back to school for the next school year. A lot of my project work will come to a halt.
A couple more BoneBot updates were released to fix some final bugs. The project is now archived (again).
That one bug in Pseudo3D still remains, and a new feature is planned as well. Many small new features were added in the meantime.
I wish summer could be longer, but sadly it is not. I look forward to working on my projects in my downtime and the next breaks in the winter and summer.
It has been a week since the last post, and a lot has happened so far!
To begin, most of the bugs in Pseudo3D that I set out to fix last week, and ones that popped up between then, are now fixed. There's only one major one left to fix.
Next, BoneBot 1.3.0 has been released! A lot of features were dropped from this update due to low probable use, as well as me not having the proper motivations. I have also archived this project, as I no longer have an interest in working on it.
Lastly, this site has received some more updates. The projects page has a new, more compact layout. The blog page has a more consistent theme with the rest of the site. Everything else is just small changes here and there.
It has been a while since I last posted, so I thought it would be a good idea to post some quick updates:
First of all, some major bugs have popped up in the Pseudo3D physics, and I am working on fixing those. After that is done, the audio system is next.
Next, I still have yet to work on BoneBot 1.3.0; however, I have been working on discarding some unnecessary features that were planned, as seen in the repo's issue list.
Finally, this site has received a slight theme overhaul, with new colors, shadows, and animations throughout the site.
I know this is not much, but for people that read this blog, I thought it would be good to let you know where I am at right now. I hope I can get all of this done before school resumes in about a month.
I have recently been working to rewrite the physics for Pseudo3D to be more accurate to real world physics. Today, I realized that trying to do so has brought many more issues than it would solve. Due to this, I have decided to revert to the old physics, but keep some other new features the physics rewrite brought, like delta time and a proper grid system. I'm really happy this is finally working again! Now development is no longer at a standstill.
I have reworked the sprites for Pseudo3D's test scene. The old ones looked a bit flat and lifeless. These new ones utilize better shading to create a softer, yet better, look overall. On the left, you will see the old sprites inserted into the current test scene, and on the right you will find the same with the new sprites. I am pretty happy with how these turned out compared to the old ones.
Welcome to my blog! I will probably just post project updates here occasionally. This way, all of my updates will be confined to my website, making it easier to keep track of them.